Now that you already know the elementaries on how to get your start marketing your F&B business digitally, let’s take a look at the nitty gritty part of digital marketing, namely strategic advertising. After boosting and promoting your Facebook and blog posts, here are some of the other aspects you should also look into:
6. Run Facebook ads for distributorship
If you want to provide franchise options after you’ve been in the company for a while, advertising Facebook advertisements for distributorship could be a terrific method to market your items. You will not only increase awareness of your brand and products, but you will also receive numerous offers from potential partners who want to distribute your items or perhaps start a new restaurant under your franchise.
When it comes to digital marketing methods for the food sector, nothing is as successful and eye-catching as a visual tale on Instagram and Facebook. You may stress the value of your services by employing a strategic headline in your storey. Although the stories’ text portions are brief, they are simple to read and comprehend.
Because Instagram doesn’t accept GIFs, Boomerang might be your best bet, especially if you’re trying to reach out to millennials and younger generations. If you want to upload instructions or a lengthier video that has to be time-lapsed, you can do so with the Hyperlapse app. Similarly, because you can link your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you may plan your posts to appear at the same time on both platforms.
If you want to advertise your Instagram visual tales with an ad, follow these steps:
- Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook account (if you haven’t already done so).
- Open up the Facebook Ads Manager and click ‘Create an Ad’ under a new campaign.
- Now select your objective and set your parameters.
- Give your campaign a name.
- Define your audience.
- Now go to ‘Edit Placements’ and select Instagram Stories. Here you have the option to upload a single image or a single video.
- Once you upload your image or video file, you can click on preview to see if the specs are okay.
- Select a CTA based on your goal and click on ‘Publish’.
Working with food influencers is one of the most effective digital marketing techniques for a food company. Instagram users enjoy documenting and sharing their daily lives through images. They are more likely to want to follow a culinary influencer who is doing the same thing.
For example, if you get a food influencer to take a photo of himself sipping coffee or trying a dish at your restaurant and post it to his Instagram account, you’ll soon have a crowd of people wanting to take a photo at the exact same location, with the exact same food item — or at the very least, eager to check out the place for themselves.
There are a variety of different ways to use Instagram and/or Facebook influencer marketing:
- You can form an ambassadorial relationship with a number of food influencers. Food influencers can be chosen based on your desired demographic and viewership.
- Request reviews of your product or service from food influencers.
- Recruit food influencers to do interviews with your founders and post the results on social media.
- Organize a gathering with food influencers.
- Make a video with the food influencer using your product and share it on social media.
- Sponsor a cookbook written by a food influencer and include your product as an ingredient.
- You could even co-create a product or a line of items with the culinary influencer, similar to how makeup firms do it.
To emphasise your influencer partnership on Instagram and/or Facebook, you can combine any of the aforementioned tactics or come up with something completely new. Measure your outcomes to see what works best.
9. Promote festive/seasonal offers via Facebook ads
To market their products, several food companies offer special festival offers and seasonal deals. One of the most effective strategies to promote your products to your target audience is to provide discounts through Facebook offer claim advertisements.
During the holiday season, discounts and coupons aren’t the only approach to entice your audience to buy your stuff. You may also give them valuable holiday advice through special blog posts and social media postings connected to the holidays, which will assist many individuals personalise their holidays.
10. Promote product & customer review videos via Facebook and Google Ads
Everyone appreciates a good (unpaid) review. You may make things really exciting and engaging for your target audience by producing material in the form of product videos and customer review films. Consider the following facts:
- Video marketing, according to 83 percent of organisations, increases their return on investment.
- By including a product video or a customer review video on your landing page, you may increase conversions by 80%.
- When it comes to making online purchases, 57 percent of consumers believe that video boosts their confidence.
- If you have a video on your website, you’re 53 times more likely to be found on Google.
Furthermore, you can use Google Adverts to advertise your video ads. To begin, you must first create a Google Ads account and then link it to your YouTube channel. After that, you can build an ad by following these steps:
- Select Campaigns from the left-hand column in the Ads Account Manager.
- By clicking on the ‘+’ sign icon inside the blue circle, select ‘New Campaign.’
- In the campaign type screen, choose Video.
- Optionally, you can set a target for your campaign.
- Set a budget and give your campaign a name.
- On the Display Network, uncheck the box next to Video Partners. This ensures that your adverts do not appear on websites that appear to be irrelevant.
- Change the language, location, and device parameters to target a specific audience.
- You may also use frequency capping to limit the number of times a person sees your ad.
You should also consider creating a Facebook video ad if you want to give your video an extra boost. Videos that provide value receive a lot of organic Facebook shares. Here’s how to use a Facebook ad to promote your video:
- Set your marketing aim to “Video Views” in Facebook Ads Manager.
- Choose your audience, budget, and ad placement preferences.
- Select or upload your video.
- Make the copy for the ad.
- Include a call to action.
If you want to boost an existing video, all you have to do is click the “Boost Post” button that appears on your video post.
11. Create an infographic for your food product/services
According to research, you just have 8 seconds to make a lasting impression on today’s impatient audience. Within that time, you must attract their attention, convey your message, and persuade them to perform the appropriate action. An infographic, which combines text, data, and graphic design, is a terrific method to do this.
Infographics have the ability to turn even the most boring data into a visually appealing presentation. It simplifies information and allows you to communicate your point in a concise yet clear manner. Furthermore, infographics are extremely easy to share on social media.
12. Create a press release of your new product launch
Despite the fact that information is becoming more digital and informal, a press release is still one of the greatest ways to encourage others to talk about your new product launch, newest successes, or any other new developments in your company in a knowledgeable manner. They can assist you in obtaining premium distribution through reputable websites and media outlets. This is a low-cost method of raising true awareness about your company.
A press release can help you generate a good influence not just on your target audience but also on the food sector in general, in addition to establishing credibility for your food business. By putting keywords in your press release, you can improve its effectiveness. Press releases are a natural technique to get backlinks from high-authority sites from external sources.
By growing your referral traffic, you can ensure that your website is seen by real people.